VT iDirect continues to fuel its engineering growth and seeks innovative and creative engineering students who are ready for the challenges, responsibilities, and rewards that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. VT iDirect is dedicated to providing next generation solutions for broadband IP networking via satellite networks. As the leading innovators in this new space, our diverse and talented team of Internet, satellite and telecommunications professionals continue to break new ground and create significant opportunities for the network operators, service provider’s resellers, and the corporate networking professionals.
As a global leader in IP-based satellite communications, we are the change agent, shaping the future of how the world connects. Our team is helping the world’s leading satellite operators and service providers capture the future through major innovation. The most fulfilling work of your career is waiting for you at iDirect…imagine your talent and energy paired with our vision and technical leadership: the sky is truly the limit!
Job responsibilities and duties:
- Perform PCB component placement, PCB routing, and design release documentation for Printed Circuit Boards.
- Design component footprints for the Master Component Library
- Coordinate and participate in hardware product development activities.
- Evaluate new PCB ECAD design/validation tools.
- Support schematic capture, netlist, generation and circuit board layout.
- Take a collaborative design and validation approach in working with multi-functional team of digital, RF, mechanical and manufacturing engineers
- Monitor operating procedures and other internal documentation for completeness and manage updates
- Provide guidance to design engineers on practical constraints of PCB layout
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude - willing to dive into and take ownership of critical design issues.
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers or other internal teams.
- Eager to work in a fast paced development environment.
- Must be able to analyze and solve technical problems.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
- Completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Can work under pressure in high visibility situations.
- Flexible - able to quickly adapt to changing conditions and make decisions based on incomplete data.