As a global leader in IP-based satellite communications, we are the change agent, shaping the future of how the world connects. Our team is helping the world’s leading satellite operators and service providers capture the future through major innovation. The most fulfilling work of your career is waiting for you at iDirect…imagine your talent and energy paired with our vision and technical leadership: the sky is truly the limit!
We are seeking a talented Integration & Test Engineer to join our team in Kerry who will work with an outstanding team of engineers with the goal of delivering a premier IP-based satellite communication product making it possible to deliver voice, video and data connectivity anywhere in the world.
Our Killarney Innovation and Engineering center is responsible for the developing solutions for satellite data optimization and inter provider roaming based on a virtualized network architecture, to be utilized as part of the wider iDirect satellite communication suite. We work actively with European Space Agency, EC H2020 and SFI-CONNECT defining future architectures and technologies for satellite networks.
Our teams use Scrum for Agile software development, and as such we work in diverse teams where thoughts and ideas are shared and collaboration is actively encouraged. This gives team members the opportunity to work across products, getting to understand exactly how products operates, and how it fits within the larger iDirect communication solution.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline is preferred.
- Integration and Verification (I&V) testing of complex Satellite and Cellular (3GPP) software systems.
- Analysis of test lab requirements and procurement of test lab equipment/Tools for Satellite and Cellular systems.
- Maintenance of Test lab and demonstration equipment to ensure minimum down time
- Regular reviews and updating of I&V test plans and activities to keep up to date with rapidly changing customer requirements.
- Occasional training of other employees and customer representatives on the software functionality and troubleshooting
- Support of PoC (Proof of Concept) and trial deployments
- Assist the documentation group in preparing material on the products for use in training courses and customer documentation.