Experience and Skills:
The Sr. Principal Waveform FPGA Engineer is responsible for:
* Modeling High Throughput Modulator/Demodulator/DSP structures in Matlab.
* Creating FPGA based DSP Implementation Architectures for Waveforms/DSP Structures modelled in Matlab/C.
* Prototyping/Implementing complex DSP Algorithms on FPGA Devices using RTL/High Level Synthesis Tools like DSP Builder/Simulink.
* Providing Architectural/Design Guidance to FPGA Development teams on waveform/DSP implementations targeting FPGA Devices.
* Mastering and providing guidance on adoption of next generation waveforms, including DVB-S2X
* Participating with standards bodies to ensure proposed standards affecting iDirect are technically sound and aligned with the company’s interests.
* Lead the design for further advances in adaptive TDMA return channels, including modeling and design of over the control loops and algorithms.
* Interact with customers, business development partners, and the executive management team on questions about our layer 1 capabilities
* Write internal and external facing documents about iDirect physical layer technology
* Collaborate with the platform team on waveform issues
* Maintaining a high level of awareness of competitive developments, technology trends, and of complimentary third party technologies.
* A demonstrated ability to both learn and innovate in the field of waveform for radio links
* The ability to lead technical discussions for new features, drive consensus, and capture the results in writing in the form of designs, models, and requirements
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills on technical matters
* The ability to learn quickly, evaluate ideas, and propose technical solutions
* Comfort working with all levels of the organization, including mentoring junior technical single contributors through the most senior principle engineers.
* Satellite Communication experience a plus but not required
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or closely related field (must be from accredited college or university); MSCS/MSEE would be a decided plus; minimum five years related experience.
As a global leader in IP-based satellite communications, we are the change agent, shaping the future of how the world connects. Our team is helping the world’s leading satellite operators and service providers capture the future through major innovation.
The most fulfilling work of your career is waiting for you at iDirect! Imagine your talent and energy paired with our vision and technical leadership: The sky is truly the limit!