As a global leader in IP-based satellite communications, we are the change agent, shaping the future of how the world connects. Our team is helping the world’s leading satellite operators and service providers capture the future through major innovation. The most fulfilling work of your career is waiting for you at iDirect…imagine your talent and energy paired with our vision and technical leadership: the sky is truly the limit!
We are seeking an innovative, creative Senior FPGA Firmware Engineer who is ready for the challenges, responsibilities, and rewards that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. VT iDirect is dedicated to providing next generation solutions for broadband IP networking via satellite networks. As the leading innovators in this space, our diverse and talented team of Internet, satellite and telecommunications professionals continues to break new ground and create significant opportunities for network operators, for service providers and resellers, and for corporate networking professionals. A Senior FPGA Firmware Engineer at VT iDirect works within the engineering department in a multi-disciplinary SCRUM team using agile framework.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop FPGA firmware using Verilog/System Verilog for continuous and burst mode satellite earth station modems with a strong emphasis on DSP and communications algorithm implementation, efficient data path architecture, reliable timing closures, and high-performance implementations.
- Design and implement system-on-chip solutions that use embedded ARM processors such as Altera Stratix SX and Arria SX FPGAs, DDR memories, fast serial interfaces such as JESD-204B, 1G/10G/40G Ethernet interfaces, and more.
- Create and maintain comprehensive simulation test bench modules to ensure a high degree of code coverage and proper functionality of firmware modules.
- Create and maintain Timing Constraints to ensure design is fully constrained and consistent Timing Results are achieved on a build.
- Create and maintain Core Level and Top Level design documents.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews and contribute towards FPGA Design methodologies.
- Use efficient lab techniques (e.g. Signal Tap, System Console, scripting and automation) to integrate modules and troubleshoot problems.
- Work in close collaboration with hardware and software engineers throughout the integration process to ensure that FPGA designs are correctly implemented.
- Actively maintain expertise and an awareness of the state of the art in wireless modem implementation technologies such as FPGAs, DSP processors, and ARM processors embedded within FPGAs.