Education: The successful candidate will have earned a Bachelor’s Degree in telecommunications, computer science, or closely related field.
Experience: A minimum of 7 years’ experience designing and implementing complex networks. Satellite experience is a definite plus.
Candidates should be at least eligible to hold security a security clearance. Candidates with Security Clearances preferred.
The successful candidate must have:
* Exceptional communication skills.
* The ability to work closely with customers.
* The ability to travel.
* Must have previous sales engineering experience.
* Experience with TCP/IP internetworking, static, dynamic and multicast routing, layer-2 switching, VLAN configuration, and designing and troubleshooting IP networks.
* Experience with VoIP, IPSec, VPN, TCP spoofing, and QOS. The ability to capture and analyze IP packets using tools like Ethereal or tcpdump.
* Knowledge of RF/ Satellite communications with experience in Link Budget calculation, RF design, Teleport design, interacting with Satellite operators, antenna install and commissioning. Should understand link design and use of most optimum error correction, and modulation techniques for achieving desired design specifications.
* The ability to act in a consultative role to ensure customer’s needs are met.
* The ability to coordinate technical features with business values.